Monday, August 10, 2009

Why Sleeping Giant?

For the most part that's exactly what Americans are. I believe that for the most part as Americans we pretty much go with the flow, we are pretty accepting of most things. There are fringes in everything. The normal, average citizens make allowances for stupidity on both sides of the isle. Until things go too far.


Protesting a soldier's funeral with signs and rants is stupid. As much as those people should be shot - no one did get shot. That's grace - Amazing grace.

Pictures of anybody portrayed as Hitler is just stupid. Bush people had to put up with that for 8 years. Now it's Obama. Apparently it's a right of passage - and that is just plain stupid too.

How far is too far? When does the middle of the road average citizen get off the couch. What are the consequences when that happens?

Hats off to Claire McCaskill (I can't believe I wrote that either). I saw a film clip on Fox News and apparently she has her town hall meetings under control, and acknowledged some real folks might actually be "so mad about health care, that they can't hardly see straight". She didn't call names or appear to intimidate, but made an acknowledgement. I don't know how the meeting went, I don't know if anyone got any questions asked or answered. If the meeting went the way the opening did, I'm impressed and I hope it went well.

1 comment:

  1. McCaskill has been doing a great job with her town halls - she appears to want to keep her job. Now if the others would wise up.

    ReplyDelete